Monday, April 18, 2016

An Update

The last time I set about to update my blog, it was January 2015. Now, it's April 2016 and I'm finally back to actually make an update. So, welcome to that update!

For those of you who don't know, C and I have been working for the last five years to gain financial independence. My employer has been really, really great to me over the last decade, but I do not want to depend on someone else for stability my entire life. I want to be the boss, as they say, and make the rules. C has always had the same goal. It's probably what attracted me to him in the first place. Also, he's extremely driven, and so hardworking that it's TOO much sometimes. He and I are 100% dedicated to achieving our goals.

Currently, our main goal is to gain the resources needed to be able to pursue our next goals. That's how it all works, right? Right. How are we doing that? Well, you've probably seen on Facebook that we own and operate Custom Electric Publishing, but what you might not know is that we are a research and development company that has created an entirely new way to publish content online. The magazine we published, Ingredients Magazine, was a testing ground for C's theories about fast and; efficient creation of custom webpages that actually look like printed pages but are lightweight and universally compatible. What I didn't realize at the time was that C and his research assistant were developing a way to change the Internet as we know it.

I don't want to sound boastful by any means, but I am 100% confident that someday in the future, some of you will be getting interviewed for the documentary about C's life. You'll be able to talk about how you know him and me before we changed the world. He is determined to leave his mark, and after 6 years of being his partner, I understand that he is tenacious enough to do it.

For the last year and a half we've been focused purely on fundraising and networking to get the product in front of the right people. It's been a frustrating and enlightening experience. What have I learned? I learned that the business environment in my state is a straight up boys club, and they've somehow managed to redefine the stages of venture capital funding. Despite that, we have made some advantageous local connections that believe in our product and want to see it come into fruition, but none that have the capital to make it happen.

Thankfully, we snagged the attention of a very busy, international venture capitalist early on in the process. Although we were too small of an operation for him to invest in right away, he helped us along, offering guidance for the direction we should go to really attract the publishing industry, and eventually getting our product in front of the right person. He believes in our product and, of course, he's going to be benefiting from its progress too.

So, CEP's patent for this new digital publishing method is about to be acquired by a large publishing technology conglomerate. This end to which we've been working is truly better than I could have hoped. C is going to get the development lab he wants so that he can continue to improve upon his work, and I am going to have the resources to finally pursue my passions. It honestly seems surreal to the point that I feel like even talking about it too much might jinx the whole thing. But, our venture capitalist assures us that it will happen, so I am cautiously optimistic yet holding onto a good amount of skepticism.

If it does happen, though, chances are really good that I'll be bought out of my CEP ownership for cash and shares of the conglomerate. I can't even speculate what that figure is going to be, but rest assured I'll be negotiating fiercely for a fair share of this potentially world-altering technology. Idealy, it will be enough to liberate me from the corporate world and allow me to pursue my love of all things crafty full time. Also, a younger sibling for Baby Boy and Honey B, obviously.

So, that's where we are at this moment. Thanks for reading my update, and for caring about what's going on over here in my world. Fingers crossed, next time I've got really, really good news.