Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2 Month Photo Round Up

I know I've said it before, but I will say it again (and again...and again): my baby boy is the cutest baby ever made! I know, that's what all parents think, but let's face it: not all babies are adorable. I daresay most of them are pretty funny looking when they're born, but my baby boy has been the cutest little man since the day he was born. And all the proof I have for that is right here:

Tell me that's not the cutest little face you have ever seen. Go on, I'll wait.....and for no reason at all, here's a picture of his gigantic eyes:

And here's one of him from this week with his daddy:


See, can't deny it can, you? A. Dor. A. Ble! And on top of all that ridiculous cuteness, he's an awesome baby. He sleeps like a champ! And we don't have to worry about the pacifier anymore because he discovered that a forefinger/thumb combination is much easier to get a good grip on and a lot less likely to fall on the floor.

He is a super sweet little guy, but he reminds me more and more of me thanks to the little attitude he is developing:

This is what I get for taking pictures instead of feeding him. I think he looks most like me when he's in this kind of mood. My parents and siblings would probably agree. But aside from the occasional outburst when mom doesn't move fast enough, he's pretty chill. He's getting more vocal and even more smiley, though, whenever I try to take a picture of him being smiley, he stops doing it:

Two seconds earlier he'd been smiling up a storm. I have managed to get him smiling at least once on video. All I can say is that it is so super cute! Seriously, I cannot get enough of this little guy.

So sweet! Plus, he's super cool and a sharp dresser:

Knuckles? Yes.

The Little Guy had his 2 month check up on Sept. 8 (exactly two months! I'm good at this game), and everything is good except for the fact that he has only gained 1/2 lb and 3/4 inch since birth. The doc was not terribly thrilled about that, but he was not overly concerned about it either, so he's having us supplement nursing with formula and rice cereal for the time being. And add this to the No Amount of Warning Can Prepare You For list: Immunizations. Poor little guy has never screamed so loud in his life! It was, quite possibly, harder for me to bear than it was for him, but I know better than he does how necessary the shots are to keep him safe. Now that we're through the first round maybe mom won't cry next time...maybe.

So, Baby Boy should gain at least one whole pound before we go back to the office next Thursday. He is not at all picky about his food, so he eats the formula up like it is nothing, and the increase in food has made him a lot more content. However, having to feed him four ounces at a time every 2 to 3 hours can make it feel like I do nothing but feed him all day long! Now that I'm back at work his daddy is starting to realize just how much work it is to be a work-from-home parent. Needless to say there is very little work actually getting done while Mom's at work, on account of the fact that his daddy can't resist the cuteness either and just wants to hold him all the time. C, however, is better at it than I am because he did actually manage to get some cleaning done yesterday between feedings. I can only hope that I'll be so luckily productive over the weekend.

1 comment:

APRIL DAVIS said...

I love him!!! He seriously is the cutest baby ever ;)