Sunday, October 09, 2011

3 Months

So, it has been three months since the little guy was born, and I'm now starting to realize that time really does go by quickly. At first it just dragged and dragged, but then the baby started smiling at us and time picked back up! Or perhaps it was the fact that I returned to work? That probably doesn't help. Either way, the Baby Boy is getting huge! So huge, in fact, that his head is outgrowing its hair. Seriously, he's got a bald spot on the right side, and it is not because the hair has fallen out. His head has just stretched and the hair isn't keeping up with it yet. It's pretty funny :)

Anyway, I have proof that he's getting bigger, and it lies in non other than the famous Tuxedo Onesie. This is him and it at the beginning of September:

And here he is in it yesterday, at exactly 3 months:


Yup. Definitely a better fit. In fact, he's practically outgrown all of the 0-3 month onesies that we have, and yet all of the 3-6 month stuff looks huge! I guess that's just how it goes. In 3 more months from now I'll be commenting on how the 6-9 months sizes a look huge too. Well, maybe. Considering how much this boy eats, perhaps it won't even take three more months before he can fit into them.

Besides getting bigger by the day and outgrowing his hair, Baby Boy is getting smarter all the time. He likes to lay on his play mat and grab at the octopus and the little vibrating duck. His Daddy text me this morning to tell me that the little one has figured out how to make the music turn on (it's sensitive to movement, so he just has to pull on any of the hanging accessories hard enough to make it happen). He is smiley and vocal, and he's starting to laugh pretty loudly at us. It's awesome! I'm taking lots of pictures and video, of course. Neither C nor I can get over how freaking cute this baby is, and he only gets cuter and cuter all the time. He is a stubborn little thing, though. He wants what he wants when he wants it, and he wants it yesterday. He's still a cuddly little thing, thankfully, and I may or may not have spent the majority of my three day weekend cuddling him to sleep. And I don't regret it at all :)

No comments: