Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Playing Catch-Up: Shnookie's Wedding

Even though she got married at the end of July and it is now almost her birthday (next Wednesday, November 16), I still have to remind myself that my little sis is married. Perhaps it's because I'm still just coming out of denial about the fact that she's not 10 years old any more. Nope, she's an adult now, and I'm just going to have to get over it!

We had a lot of fun at her wedding, of course. The Baby Boy was all of three weeks old for the event, so he slept through most of it (his Mom and Dad were very grateful for that). He was still too newly hatched at that point to care much about being passed around from relative to relative as long as he was allowed to sleep on whomever was holding him, so taking a three week old to a wedding out of town turned out to be much less of an ordeal that I had originally thought it would be.

The weekend started out with the Bachelorette party, naturally, which I utilized to inflict as much embarrassment as possible >:) I take my role as older sister very seriously, you know. So, I got the bride this sssssssssssuper sexy nightgown:
Yes, those are puppies. I may or may not have cackled just a little (okay, a lot) when I found it on the clearance rack. And she looks AWESOME in it:

I also bought her the cute bra. Her best friend/MoH also got her an awesome nightgown, one that is quite possibly the best lingere I've ever seen. When both were finally in place and all of the accessories were accounted for, Shnookie was definitely ready for her wedding night:
Rawr! Watch out, Jeff. And I'm not sure what she's got in her hands in this next photo; I just really like the smile on her face...and the bra on her head :)
Bahahahaha! Oh man, I <3 this girl. After dinner at Johnny Carino's these young girls went onto Victoria's Secret and Target (?) for some more (ahem) appropriate bridal lingere. I, however, had to bow out to attend mommy duties. Dinner was a LOT of fun, despite that we had a small turn out. I always knew Shnookie had good taste, and her choice of friends only proves it:
Good times :)

So, onto the main event! The lovebirds got hitched at the Idaho Falls Temple, naturally, which was fine except for the whole place was under construction! That is, except for like 30X20 feet worth of space that is the Bridal Garden. We all squeezed in to take the family photos, and between Jeff's family and ours, it was almost a tight squeeze. Before the bride and groom made their entrance, I snapped a few pics of my 1st favorite (chronologically speaking, that is) little guy:With Uncle Matt who, I daresay, could pass as this little guy's dad! Chris is obviously more interested in the fruit snacks than in the picture taking at this point. And whatever Grandpa's got to say:It's a serious matter, I'm sure. And if Chris isn't enough cute by himself, he was lucky enough to have a partner in crime the whole weekend:Those are some BLONDE kids! Particularly PG, whose hair is not only white but curly and thick. I feel your mom's pain, kiddo.

Anyway. At long last the bride and groom arrive!Yes, the shoes are yellow, and no, she did not wear them for very long. This girl makes for one beautiful bride, no?After they shuffle through the Bridal Garden taking the first official "man and wife" photos, the families shuffled around to take all of the group shots. These are presented with one comment: Shnookie, I'm sorry about the sun glasses. You see, they're prescription so I can't see without them. It didn't even occur to me to take them off....my bad. Forgive me?
Oh my Abuelita! She traveled up here from TX for the event (and to see her newest great grandchild). We just don't see her often enough. There was never a happier bisabuelita than this:Yup. She loves those baby boys! And, of course, as the uber matriarch, she's always first in line to hold the baby. He liked her too, and slept like a champ whenever she had him.

The reception was held at the stake center, of course, and the decor amazing:Not surprisingly, the bride changed her shoes for the reception:
The reception was beautiful, and featured everything that is supposed to be at a wedding reception.

The Cake:
Plenty of Shenanigans:
Some of our first Family Pictures :)
Four Generations on Both Sides:
Wedding Party Photos:
Embarrassing pictures of the Newlyweds, with the Engagement photos thrown in:
Shoe clips:
A bouquet toss:
And one tired groom:
Whew! That was a lot of photos! I didn't mean to post so many but then I got to going through them and remembering what a good time it was. I may have gotten a bit carried away...I hope it was worth it!

3 comments:

Lindsey and Jared said...

What a beautiful family you have! Miss your face :)

APRIL DAVIS said...

It's too weird. I can't believe our siblings are big enough to be gettin married and such...terrible, just terrible. Everything was lovely, btw.

Nicole said...

So cute!!