Thursday, March 29, 2012

Busy Busy Busy: It Never Ends!

First off: This baby boy is only getting more adorable by the day.He's just this beautiful. You'll have to forgive me for gushing. Right this very second he's in his play pit (which was formerly our awesome adult seating area in the living room) playing with his toys and babbling away. He's getting better every day at entertaining himself over there with his toys. He's climbing all over everything. I honestly cannot keep him contained for very long. And, I'm pretty convinced that he's going to skip over crawling and go straight to walking. I mean, he still scoots around on his belly using that right leg to push himself forward, but he no longer seems interested in actually crawling. He is interested in getting to nearest vertical object and pulling himself up. And over, if he can manage it. He's fearless, of course, but it's his parents' fault. We may or may not throw him around all the time because it makes him laugh. Why is baby laughter like crack? His mom and dad will do anything to make him smile.

Anyway. I can't babble. I've got too much to do and not enough time to do it in. The Spring 2012 issue of Ingredients is being published this weekend, and then I take the General Securities Principal (Series 10) licensing exam next Thursday. The majority of my free time (i.e. the brief minutes between the blocks of time I spend sleeping, at work and making faces at my baby) is dedicated to studying for this damn test. So, I'm pretty excited about having it over with, even though it only means that I'll have two weeks to cram for the second part of the license, Options Principal (Series 9), which is scheduled for April 19. I've got about 10 more finals (2-3 hours each) to take before I'll feel anywhere close to comfortable taking the actual Series 10 exam. It sucks, is what I'm saying. It will be worth it, but it totally sucks right this very second.

So, my house is a total disaster, I'm frazzled about the magazine and the exam, and I feel guilty about the time I don't get to spend with my boys. I love them so much, and if it were up to me I'd spend every moment of every day with them :)

No comments: