Thursday, April 26, 2012

Nine Months?!

Okay, so I can't even begin to accept the fact that Colt is barreling towards 10 months at full speed. When he had his 9 month check up a few weeks ago the doctor was impressed to find out that Colt is cruising on the furniture already. He does crawl sometimes, and he still scoots when he's too lazy to get his belly off the floor, but mostly if he's not standing up or on his back examining something in his hands, he's moving toward the nearest vertical surface (including mom's face, if it's the closest one available). He's practicing standing on his own, without holding onto anything, and he's doing it for longer and longer periods of time. He'd probably be able to do it longer, but he gets so excited about standing up that he makes himself fall. It's cute. He's cute. He's so freaking cute that I am constantly amazed by just how damn cute he is. I know I'm not just going crazy, because EVERYONE thinks so. He seriously makes friends everywhere he goes by smiling at any one who smiles at him; people are struck by his giant blue eyes. And his hair! This is what I get for wishing for a curly-haired boy:
His hair is coming in thick, and I can already tell that it grows in the exact same patterns mine does. I should probably feel really bad for him--curls like mine aren't easy to maintain, particularly for a child--but it's so dang cute that I just can't. I wonder if any baby of mine has a chance at straight hair. Probably not. Particularly since C's hair is so curly too. I'm gushing again, I know, but I just can't get over it. So stinking cute.
Anyway. He's just getting bigger and bigger by the day. 19 pounds 9 oz at the last weigh in. He's pretty much your model baby size, honestly. He goes through clothing at the expected rate, almost like clockwork. Right now C and I are buying him adorable t-shirts and moving away from onesies. I love onesies, personally, but C has a good point about them: you can't get to his belly easily. T-shirts, on the other hand, give us access to the best tickle spots at all times. And in our quest to make him laugh, access to the belly is vital.

Anyhow. Work is the same as it usually is, except that our busy season ended more abruptly than usual. I passed both of my licensing exams with 10 more percentage points than I technically needed, so that was awesome. I'm still waiting for the update in my licensing status to be effective in all the different states, which is going to take a few more weeks. So for now it's business as usual.
These boys make leaving for work hard and coming home exciting :)

No comments: