Monday, May 14, 2012

10 Months and A Brand New One!

It seems I've fallen into the whole "mommy blogger" thing where the only thing I ever post about is my baby. I don't want to be that mom, but seriously, look at this kid:
This boy and his daddy really are my whole world, these days, despite the fact that I had a job and friends and a whole identity before they came along. I wouldn't trade them for anything, though, because they are both just so damn cute. It's funny how cute boys still have a way of making me kind of stupid. Oh well. They're worth it ;-) This little dude is just getting bigger and bigger, and smarter and smarter, which is the scary part. He's got no less than four teeth in the process of coming in at the moment, so he's been feverish and clingy for the last couple of weeks. He sleeps like a champ, and though we can't contain him any more, his eagerness to explore everything keeps us entertained at least. My older sister loves to point out how he's just like me, and it's true. Independent, stubborn, curly red hair and he even sucks his thumb like I did as a baby. If his chin was just a little bit more pronounced and his lips were much fuller, he'd be me in miniature for reals.

Much to his surprise, Colt is no longer the littlest! Say hello to my newest nephie poo, Carter:
He looks JUST LIKE HIS MOM in this pic. I love it! And, of course, Chris is already taking his big brother responsibilities very seriously.
Carter was born on Mother's Day, and only after about two weeks worth of false starts. And, of course, he decided it was time about three hours after his grandparents left town again thinking he'd stay put for a few days. That's about long enough for them to get home from here. We're all really stoked that he's arrived, though, particularly Grandma (who basically turned around and headed back immediately after she got home on Saturday). She just loves her grandbabies so much, and, I mean, can you blame her? Look at the older two:
Adorable. And holy crap, Colt's hair is red for reals, but they look a lot alike, yes? One of the nurses assumed they were brothers yesterday. I'm so glad that Colt will have a cousin that is close to his age. Less than a year apart! And yes, it hasn't escaped any one's notice that my parents' grandkids' names so far all start with C. Chris, Colt and Carter. Grandma calls Colt "Chris" pretty regularly. And to make it even more so, Chris and Carter both have the same initials: CPT. We are really good at the name game, obviously. It's okay to be envious of our talents ;-)



1 comment:

Nicole said...

They are all adorable kids! Congrats to Eryn.:)