Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Family Pics and 11 Months Already

Well these have been sitting around for about a month, so it's prob time to post, eh? Here's my new nephew and his family:
So happy :) I have to say that I'm really, really glad my sister and her hubby live in the same place as I do. Life would really suck for me if I couldn't see my nephews on a regular basis. Anyway, here's one with Grandma and her three grandbaby boys:
We've definitely got some silly boys on our hands.

Anyhow. My baby is 11 months old and that's crazy. He's as cute as ever, though, if not more so because he's just getting smarter by the day. Plus his hair is coming in thick and curly, which is awesome. I literally cannot get enough of him! I mean, how can ANYONE resist this little dude?

Answer: They can't! Even Candy is getting more tolerant of him.


Do you see that? They're practically cuddling! But of course that's about as much slobber-soaked affection as Candy can handle.

She tolerates his advances more and more every day, and that's probably thanks to the fact that his dad has been really good about teaching Colt how to be gentle with all of the puppies that live in our area.  He hasn't even tried to pull Candy's hair or tail once, so I think one day she'll stop fleeing from him. Maybe. She's still not at all sold on C, but he's better at scaring her than the baby is.

So, he's not walking yet, but he moves around just fine and he can take a couple of tentative steps on his own. He gets excited and flails, though, which causes him to lose his balance and topple. It's really quite adorable. We had our first swim a couple of weekends ago and he was a champ! I can't wait to take him again, but I've gotta secure a plastic diaper protector thingy (technical term) before we can reenter the complex's pool. He's got swim diapers, of course, but apparently the rules stipulate extra protection. He really liked the water, though, and I think he'll end up being a water baby like I was even though his daddy hates being wet (weirdo!).

For his first birthday we'll be headed to Albuquerque to see his Grandmommy. We haven't seen her since February, and she just spent some time in the hospital, so we are beyond excited to see her and her partner, Grandma Jag. I've never spent any sort of time in Albuquerque as an adult, but C lived there for three years so I'm looking forward to seeing and experiencing some of the places he's told me about. In particular, a Mexican food restaurant that is, apparently, the very best he's ever had, and he lived in L.A. for a long time so that's saying something. The drive is probably going to suck, but I'm really excited about being there to spend some time with my mother-in-law.

In non-baby-related news (wtf? I know, no one cares, but this is MY blog after all, not his): the two courses I'm taking this semester have both been remarkably easy so far. I guess that's because they're both 1000 level courses that I've just been avoiding. One of them is Computer Information Systems 1020 and it is basically Computers 101. I tried my damnedest to test out of it, but apparently I don't know Microsoft Office 2010 well enough (because we're still using the 2007 version at work). So, I just sucked it up and registered for probably the fourth time and didn't drop it this go around. I can't say that I have learned much, but I have been finding it rather ironic: one of the texts we have to read is an e-book. Let that sink in for a minute. I'll wait.

Yes, an e-book about learning to use a computer. Seriously, the last two chapters I read covered things like mice, keyboards, printers and how to use the internet. My first three tests were on the MS desktop and using the Internet, and I took them all ONLINE. I mean...c'mon! Doesn't the fact that I can even access the information prove that I KNOW HOW TO USE A COMPUTER??? Apparently not.

I'm not complaining too much, though, because let's face it: easy three credits. And it is community college, so what can I really expect? The good news is that when this term is over I'll have four semesters left before I legitimately have a college degree! At that point it will have only taken me nearly 12 years, but it'll be done!


No comments: